Monday, December 14, 2009

Swan Lake

Don't ask me why I happened to remember this last night, but I'd like to share something. Perhaps it's something small and silly, but I feel the need to share it nonetheless.

When I was little, my grandmother used to have one of those little glassed-in fiber optics... the ones with the music box attached. Just this cheesy little fiber optic rose, but I thought it was the prettiest thing I'd ever seen. Partly because I liked the lights. Partly because of the music it played.

It was the theme from Swan Lake. Of course, I didn't know it at the time. I just heard the music box, and thought it was pretty.

The memory lulled me to sleep last night. I will admit I miss that music box. The song is pretty in and of itself, but somehow the delicate notes of the music box just gave it something special.

I think I need to find a music box that plays that song again...

(The song, for those who aren't familiar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzpqM4THqZ8 )

No comments:

Post a Comment