Saturday, January 03, 2009

So I come home tongight and my cat is yowling. This is fairly normal. I feed her, she stops for a bit. I get out of the shower, she yowls some more. Also normal, except her yowl is a bit hoarser, making her sound like her mother. I pet her for a minute. Then she follows me into the living room, more yowling, and insisting on being petted. Being a bit more demanding than is usual for my cat.

A little while later she goes tearing back and forth through the house. Now, I had been doing something so had pulled the stepstool out of my "guest room" which is more aptly the "junk room" right now since it has all the stuff in it I need to weed through and clean up. The cat follows me in, and finally I found the source of all her yowling and insistence for extra attention.

See, I had removed an old mirror off the wall (cheap thing, it was here when I moved in and I never bothered to take it down) because it was in the way of a new shelf I was putting up. And sat it in the junk room.

The cat walked up to it, staring and sniffing, then got nose to nose with her reflection and took off running again.

I had to turn the mirror around to get her to stop. *headdesk*

Yes, apparently Simba thought I had gotten a new cat to replace her, and was getting upset.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like Anubis' first encounter with the full-length closet door mirrors lol.

    He walked around the bed, saw another cat, and bristled out to 2-3 times his size. He then proceeded to go nuts because the other cat was being aggressive as well heh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't get it though... I have a full length mirror. Simba has seen this several times, never once reacted even when I first put it up. But the new mirror? Oh no, that one must be another cat!

    ReplyDelete