Monday, December 15, 2008

Merry Christmas to me!

Well, not only is James planning to come up for the holidays (all forces of nature and travel and whatnot willing), but I came home to a message in my answering machine tonight from the phone company. The DSL switch went live today. It only allows a limited number of connections for now since the techs have just been sort of installing on their own time, so it's not your standard fullblown yay let's connect the whole neighborhood kind of thing yet, but since dad and I have been pestering them about it for months, we have the first two slots provided we sign up soon enough. So dad's calling them tomorrow to get the details for me.

This will mean I can actually get my second computer and work from home this winter. This will also mean my internet will not suck anymore. Which is a very, very good thing. I'm so sick of dialup. It'll be nice to actually click on a website and have it, you know, load again. I miss that. lol

3 comments:

  1. Sweet, I wish it was like that where I live, but what can you do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you get it, your dutiful boyfriend will try to remember to bring you the spare wireless router in his closet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @James: Yay for wireless routers! I'll need something to work from home anyway.

    @fate: You stuck out in podunk middle-of-nowhere too? We've been badgering the phone company for a couple of years now, just stepped it up in the last few months. Originally they told us "oh maybe in a few years, we might put you on higher priority if you get x people to sign up." Oh great, we'll get the cows right on that then.

    ReplyDelete