Friday, March 30, 2007

Pet Food Recall

I know everybody's heard about it by now, but just in case you haven't gotten the latest:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/03/30/pet.food.recall.ap/index.html

Biggest thing to note:

DRY FOODS ARE NOW ON THE LIST!!!!

Before the article said the FDA knew another company had used the allegedly tainted wheat gluten, but they weren't releasing the name. It has since been edited, and since I no longer see that line, I assume this Hill's Pet Nutrition place was the one in question.

Needless to say, even though my brands are not yet on the list, I'm gonna be watching my cat REALLY close for a while..........

"The FDA was working to rule out the possibility that the contaminated wheat gluten could have made it into any human food." I am hoping this was at the same time as trying to seek out more about it in the pet foods. Because guess what, FDA, to some of us, our pets are family, and losing one of them is as bad as losing any other family member.

No comments:

Post a Comment