Sunday, December 31, 2006

Well, the holidays have come and (almost) gone.... I head back to work on Tuesday. The week off was rather nice, I'll admit, though it never seems long enough.

Didn't get near as much done as I thought I would over the week, but such is life. I at least got some laundry done and my tree taken down. Only got to the humane society over the weekends like normal - there's a new pup there by the way. 7 month old mixed breed they're calling Sox - a brindle with short flopped ears and white socks on her feet. I've found she answers to Josie. Absolutely sweet animal, though she seems a little skittish. We walked near the cats' outdoor pen, and when one of the cats came up to the fence to investigate, the dog got a bit jumpy. Nobody there knows what her past is because the dog warden brought her in. But I was almost tempted to bring her home myself.

We went shopping earlier i the week and I dropped about $200. >.< I suppose it makes up for me not having bought my allotment of one dvd per paycheck for the past like, 4 months. And I got a new winter coat on sale - marked down from $140 to only about $50. And some new stuff for my phone - a headset so when people call me and I'm, say, cooking dinner, I still have both hands to talk. There were other things too but nothing major.

And I think my dog allergy may be disappearing. The last couple trips to the humane society I forgot my alavert, but I had no reaction to the dogs. The other day I had my uncle's dog in the house for a little while (to see how the cat would react to another animal before I go and get a dog - she's not too skittish but seems a little jealous) - again, no reaction. Supposedly allergies can come and go like that though, and mine was very mild to begin with (merely annoying rather than dangerous - my nose clogs up and my eyes itch but I can still breathe through my mouth just fine). So it's possible I had an allergy last for a whopping 5 years. Go figure.

Not much else to report. My life's really kinda boring these days....

2 comments:

  1. You people and your winter coats. My "winter coat" is the same one I've used for several years now - my suede jacket.

    I must be weird, because I usually end up wearing it open so I don't get too hot. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah well you don't have a bmi of like negative 2. :P You also seem to generate heat rather than lose it.... considering I ALWAYS have to turn my heat down when you're around. lol

    ReplyDelete