Saturday, May 20, 2006

I'm sitting here waiting for news from my boyfriend before I head off to the library to be all piratical and such at the library (don't look at me like that - it's a medieval demo, where piracy is perfectly allowed... just a bit difficult with no oceans nearby). He probably won't be up for a bit, but I'd like to try and find out when he's dropping by before dragging myself out of pajamas.

This is my first weekend in a while I've had time to really just kick back. And will be the first time in two months I've seen him. I've been running into the ground this year... it's kind of hard to plan for company when you don't have time to spend with anyone. But according to my advisor, I do, in fact, have all my requirements covered and am set to graduate on time. This is good news. I am ready to be done, and thankfully have a job waiting for me when I get out.

I consider myself lucky for that. The market just isn't that great these days. I know a lot of good, intelligent, hard-working people who are stuck still looking for jobs. Some graduated quite a while ago. And I know it's not for lack of skill, or people skills, or anything that a company should want.

But I at least have something. Not exactly my dream job, but it sounds like it's going to be a pretty decent atmosphere, which can make all the difference.

It's not over yet though. I still have a couple more weeks to get through, a presentation, some more papers, and my exams. 3 exams in the same day, because everybody decided to have them the last day of class. Two of those should be easy. One is from one of the profs who grades in ways that don't make sense (yes, the entire class is in agreement on this). Aside from that one exam, after Sunday the headache should be over. Well, technically after Tuesday but by then we'll have the project done, we just have to present it is all. And that's only in 5 minute slots for each group member.

Anyway, I should go attempt to do something semi-productive for a bit. Maybe clean up a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment