Monday, April 03, 2006

I need to keep coconuts around more often. They're a "fresh" food that won't go bad quickly as long as they're not cracked, and I had almost forgotten how much I like them. of course, if I do that I may have to buy a hacksaw, since despite the fact that I have a hammer, I apparently can't wield it with enough force to crack the things. I had to get my dad to do it for me when he stopped by this weekend.

Meanwhile, I have just applied for graduation. It feels a bit surreal...

4 comments:

  1. Drill them with a hand dril for the milk and if you want the meat after, bake them in an oven at about 400 degrees till thay crack open. you will also find the meat will come out in big hunks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a hand drill. lol I used a screwdriver to tap the milk. That I got on my own. I'd rather try and find a way to do it without an oven as far as opening goes, since I rather like them raw. I'm using it as incentive to gain back some upper body strength. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, strain as you will, but the oven does not cook the coconut meat. It only needs to be in there for a little while till it cracks, but hey have at it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh okay. I might try that then. I just don't want it toasted.

    ReplyDelete